Open Source DOM Component
Search popular tech websitesby Read Write Tools
|The rwt-xenotools DOM component links to popular tech forums to search for questions and answers related to this document's topic.|
Sometimes visitors are unsatisfied with the information provided in your document and need to further research the topic. As a convenience to your visitors you can provide quick links to external forums that may have additional information about the your document's main topic.
The rwt-xenotools DOM component facilitates this by keeping a social-media style linkbar hidden at the bottom of the page until the user needs it.
When activated, the linkbar slides over the page content, showing a collection of icons associated with popular tech forums.
Activation may also be initiated through the component's
toggleMenu method or through its event interface.
The component has these features:
- Each third-party link is prefilled with a query value that is determined by the document's
- When appropriate, some links are prefilled with a hashtag values that are determined by the document's
- The Reddit link uses any value provided by the document's
- The Github link uses any value provided by the document's
- The linkbar has an event interface for showing and hiding itself.
- The linkbar emits a custom event to close sibling menus and dialog boxes.
- A keyboard listener is provided to allow a shortcut key to open/close the linkbar.
In the wild
To see an example of this component in use, visit the BLUEPHRASE website and press F6 "Link to Q&A forums". To understand what's going on under the hood, use the browser's inspector to view the HTML source code and network activity.
|Documentation||READ WRITE HUB|
|Component catalog||DOM COMPONENTS|
|Publication venue||READ WRITE STACK|